View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 04:50 PM   #36
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
argrgrhgr thats not answering my question , i KNOW not all jews wear it, im not stupid, im asking WHY do some normally the leaders etc tend to wear them and sport those beards, im asking for informations sake, i really want to know. I honestly dont care whether other people differentiate as obviously they do, i was just pointing out how i feel, i just didnt explain what i meant well and so people are completely misunderstanding what im saying so i give up on this topic i think, dont want to alienate more people.

and btw rugby aussie rules and american football are all pretty much the same [img]tongue.gif[/img] though i prefer rugby.

and ill stick with fk then cloud, seems like people said that on plenty of threads with no problems so ill go with that, id go mad without profanity [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I believe that Orthodox Jews wear the Beardsince IIRC, there’s something in their holy book about men being made different from women thus they have beards and therefore since god has given them beards to them different from women They should not shave them.
As for the clothes, Since The general thrust of Judamism was that the jews were a chosen people they should keep seprate from others, and maintain their own communities (on of the contributors towards prejudice IIRC) etc, arranged marriages within the community etc IIRC, and possibly the Clothes have something to do with that?

HTH.
HAND.