View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 10:09 AM   #24
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Sorry, grunji...I'm with the Hierophant on this one. Not to equate you with such extremists as the Taliban (or fill-in-the-blank with any other extremist group you can think of) but such a statement illustrates yet again that it is not religion that destroys---it is people and their interpretation. You are vehemently opposed to bin Laden and his cronies......yet they act on their take on Islam (warped as it may be to the rest of Allah's followers). I do not agree with him/them and while, quite honestly, I'd be standing in line to rid the world of such people, I am also not willing to force my beliefs on them in replacement because I think mine are better or more 'right'. I am opposed to the actions that cause such horror and suffering to an otherwise innocent group of individuals, all in the name of religion.

If I, as a witch, tried to force you to believe the way I did or else..........Oh wait a minute. I think that idea has been tried in reverse (the Church vs. pagans)---with rather tragic consequences. Who was right? Depends on who you ask, now doesn't it.