View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 02:09 PM   #3
MagiK

T.L. I am curious, you really didn't post an opinion
So lets hear what you think.

I will oblige (naturally) by saying, that I disagree with any policy that would make it possible for a lesser qualified student to take a seat from a more qualified student. Wether that bias is due to race, gender or sexual orientation. I also do not like to see companies forced to hire less qualified personnel to meet quota's wether they are "Official" or under the guise of EEOC.

I am against rules that mandate that fire department hire women firefighters who are not up to the same exact physical standards as the males. I am against rules that mandate female warriors that do not have to meet the same exact physical requirements as the males.

To me, it is all about doing the particular job or filling the particular role with the best possible person for each role. So shoot me for acknowledging the difference between the sexes. I still do not see why the NFL has not had a single female punter or kicker yet

Edit: I also find it amazing how Asians suddenly become a non-minority when it comes to school seats.

[ 12-02-2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]