View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 11:05 PM   #39
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Dramnek/Eisen please don't spam this discussion thread. We have been over and over your ridiculous prattle about the US suppling arms to Iraq 30-40 years ago, we are currently discussing the present situation. Thank you.
MagiK, Don't you think that ws a bit uncalled for? Don't just tell the dude he's wrong, Show him he's wrong. I for one would like to see the evidance that the US hasn't give arms to Iraq too.[/QUOTE]
Please read what I said again and more carefully. I said "We have been over and over your ridiculous prattle about the US suppling arms to Iraq 30-40 years ago, we are currently discussing the present situation." I did not deny that we supplied Iraq with arms several decades ago and those arms were used up in the war with IRAN that you don't seem to recall. In 1990 the coalition forces were fighting an Iraqi army armed with AK47's AK74's, T72 and T60 tanks and MIG and SU aircraft. so please let the ancient history go and get with the current issue...to which THIS particular thread is oriented. I do not want to discuss the Ottoman empire here either. You could start your OWN thread if you want to address other issues. Thank you for staying on topic [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh yes the 1990 Iraqi Army was also armed with some Chinese equipment too....no F16's or Stinger missiles were used against the US forces in the 1990's

EDIT: In answer to your very first question, no it is not UNCALLED for to request that people do not take the thread off topic.

[ 11-26-2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]