View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #38
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
It's good that people get so upset at crimes such as these - but to respond with violence and hatred?? That disturbs me as well. Let him live out his days in prison reflecting on what he's done. He'll die slowly, trapped, as his son is doing.
Personally, I would want him to be repentant for what he's done before he died. Not excecuted in his defiance.

Remorse is powerful. For someone to be truly remorseful and repentant, they have arrived at a place where they understand the full meaning of what they've done.

I've seen time and time again that hurt people can only forgive the one who hurt them when they feel they have taken ownership of what they've done. When they understand the pain and torment they've caused them and would do anything, give anything, including their own life, to undo it.

I'd like to see him get to that point. It's an ideal I know, but that's why he's in gaol.
Nothing wrong with that POV Leonis! You make good points.

I don't think anyone who has a different opinion from mine is necessarily **completely** wrong. By definition, I don't completely agree with you, but I know I'm not perfect and am willing to listen.

At least you were able to state your point without "talking down" to anyone. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 11-20-2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]