View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 08:46 AM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Pondered about this for a long time, when I was playing an armored knight (Inquisitor with -18 AC), I still got hit a lot when I was fighting the new and improved monsters in the Tactics Mod. For instance

SPOILER
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

The Wraith Sarevok and Sword of Greed in the Improved Irenicus Encounter, seemed to connect with every single bloody hit, but how is it possible that a pure fighter like him could drop to -15 to -20 area? He also seemed to have wicked AC, since I had severe trouble hitting him even with a THAC0 of -11. Now I think most other tough monsters also had their THAC0 and AC improved, Demogorgon is supposed to have -6 AC and -12 THAC0 (or was it the other way around?), the very same Inquisitor couldn't for the life of him avoid the demon's blows or score many hits of his own (and this WAS after dispelling his protections). Also, when enemies cast Mordekainen's sword, they seem to have far better THAC0 than the measly 10 described in the Spell reference chart site. A lot of my fighters with below -10 AC have been quite easy targets for them, when they should in fact only hit on criticals.

[ 12-26-2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]