View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 10:53 AM   #1
MagiK

Opinions wanted please. I would appreciate it if personal insults and criticisms were not applied to this topic/thread just honest opinions about what I did.

OK the stage is set, MagiK through a couple of friends ended up being set up with two blind dates this weekend. I had been given these ladies email address' a couple of weeks ago, and we have been exchanging email. Both wanted to meet this weekend, so I set up a date for Saturday and a date for Sunday.

I met C on Saturday and it was like lightning had hit...we met at a Dunkin Donuts for coffee and she was already there when I walked in. Her head down hair framing her face as she read the news paper. I was totaly blown away by her. I actually just stood off to one side and watched her for a minute before walking over and introducing myself. (She was the only lone female inthe place so I made the assumption it was her). What was supposed to be an hour or so talking in a coffee shop, ended up being a 14 hour marathon of sitting and talking back at her place.

Sunday I met err C #2 (never noticed they both had names that start with C) Anyway, I didn't want to go out with her, because I really wanted to concetrate on C, I think we have a real bond possible. But I did not want to just blow off C2, and since she lives about 45 minutes from me, I asked her to pick a place close to her home for us too meet. I wanted to explain to her, that I had met someone and that I couldn't date her again, but didn't want to do it on the phone, or via email, and I didn't want her to have to go way out of her way. So I drove up to her area, and met at the restauraunt. After we ordered, I explained the situation. She was very gracious and didn't try to make me feel worse than I already did about dumping her. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was really sad though.

My question is, did I do the right thing for C2? or would it have been better to have just told her over the phone? or is there some third option that I missed?

OH By the Way, Sunday night C and I got together again and spent the next 24 hours together talking and relaxing in each others presence and it looks like this is really something specail! I think MagiK has found some magic.