View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 08:57 AM   #14
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Yes...face it folks...this database ALREADY exists...why worry over it, really.

Our government has been compiling information on it's citizens for years. Still creeps me out, but what can you do? I'd suppose the database began when the cold war really heated up...to track potential communists...maybe even earlier.

I just live my life and don't worry about it. They are going to collect the information whether I like it or not.
I think citizens trying to alter or protest against anything they are uncomfortable with is a good thing and occasionally gets results.
The key is not to get paranoid about it. As Magik said - the info has long been available to those who know how to get it. Remember - all that info would be very handy for spys and terrorists to get their hands on easily too, so you can guarantee they're not going to auction it off on ebay or anything. Depends whether you think your govt. is a friend or an enemy? Isn't that a loaded question? [img]smile.gif[/img]

IMHO, as self serving as governments/politicians seem to be right now, they still want the populace to be comfortable. They don't want to impose a police state or thet'll end up with revolution...