View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 10:51 AM   #32
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Yes, tech will be back, but we've said this how many times. Me for at least 3 years - since I first noticed real brick-and-mortar businesses coming back to tech stocks and really "using" the internet to do more than prop up imaginary worth and hide complete lack of profits. When?? Sorry - that was rhetorical - It's frustrating.

But, the housing sector is a bubble that's about to burst. And looking around at record construction where I live, it's going to be one big splash in the economy.
That is what will ultimately save the tech sector...to have real companies coming in and using e-business to enhance their already established B&M enterprises rather than pull the get-rich-quick schemes of so many dot-coms during the late 90's. Economic cycles and trends again: boom, bust, slow recovery, then steady growth. Look back 150+ years to the gold rush of 1849 in California. Same thing happened...huge fortunes staked on the prospect of gold, not the reality of it. Same thing happened...boom, bust, and then a very slow recovery of the economy as the true diehards kicked in and helped establish CA.

Housing is always quirky, but it's doing well around here. Not sure how it is in your neck of the woods, but real estate is the thing right now in north Texas.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."