Thread: Pet peeves...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 04:12 AM   #27
Epona
Zartan

Pet Peeves - I'm having a bad week, there will be loads, bear with me....

1. People who don't use their indicators - this is very dangerous for me since I'm on a scooter. I include cyclists who don't use hand signals, we are not bloody psychic, OK? So my Lambretta doesn't *have* indicators because it's too old, and it's not easy to close the throttle, brake, change gear, look over your shoulder, and give a hand signal all at once, but somehow I manage it. Car drivers have it easy by comparison.

2. People who overtake over the speed limit on blind corners - bloody nutters. And it will be *me* that gets hurt if they have to cut in suddenly.

3. People who have car stereos loud - we don't ALL want to hear your music. Especially when the lyrics are something along the lines of 'yo momma, you my ho' How can you be paying full attention to the road with it that loud? Why do you feel the need to inflict it on me and distract me?

4. Bad covers of good songs. Particularly Phil Collins' version of The Supremes' 'You Can't Hurry Love' and Atomic Kitten's version of The Paragons' 'Tide Is High'.

5. People who crash into you, run over your feet with trolleys/bags etc. push you out of the way and are generally rude without apologising. OK, accidents happen, but have the decency to say sorry!

EDITING TO ADD:
6. Those awful awful trousers that young lads wear down round their hips with their underwear sticking out the top, the crotch hanging round the knees, and the bottoms dragging on the floor. For gawd's sake PULL THEM UP, they look awful and don't do you any favours.

7. Dirty old men who try to look up your skirt on the bus.

8. Skirt and trousers at once - what the **** is *that* about?

9. Big beards a la ZZ Top. No thanks

[ 11-06-2002, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]