View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 12:09 PM   #31
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I agree with most of what you said, MagiK. And, I do hope our schools aren't quite as wacky these days as your post indicates - though I don't have personal knowledge. I do think kids are more knowledgable at younger ages than I and my peers were at the same age - but, that's to be expected and I would be upset if it weren't the case. Where we disagree is that I do think foreign languages should be taught at younger ages here - which they *never* have been. Kids learn languages better at younger ages. Plus, foreign language class is where you learn something about other cultures - right?
Actually I agree and know that kids are supposedly more adaptable at learnign languages than older people, [img]smile.gif[/img] And is why later once we get the schools fixed and operating properly then reintroduce alternative languages..Im just trying to suggest a more focused education than my kidss were getting before I put them into private school, now they are back in a public school, and it is fairly decent but it is a rural PA school and not a "multiculturally aware" school like we have here in Maryland (thank god).