Thread: Zionism
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

A lot of what you posted is a great (slanted a bit) Cliff's Notes version of history. But, they were NOT entitled to keep ANY land by international law. I don't mean to cross-post here, as I also attempt to point this out to you regarding this on another thread. It's a mistaken assumption you've made before. Otherwise, the UN would not have sanctioned action against Iraq during the gulf war. To drive home my point, here's the UN Resolution regarding Kuwait, a recent act affirming my assertion that sovereignty of a nation is permanent, and will be "restored" if taken away by another sovereign. http://www.lexicorient.com/e.o/un687.htm
Ok, I explained the purpose of that other post to you in a PM and it is not an issue in this thread [img]smile.gif[/img] . Secondly The right of conquest at the end of World War I is a fact, it has been done and cannot be undone. I am pretty sure, that Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan will not agree to give the land back to Turkey no matter what the UN would say. The UN didn't even exist when the land was first partitioned. In this issue it is too late to say you have to give the land back to the people who held it before it was given to others. If you want to take the land from the Jews, you have to take it from Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan as well.