View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 09:47 AM   #27
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
I am not taking either side here, I dont know enough about the sintiuation to pick sides. But I was just wondering, what would have you people done? And dont give me that "I dont know, but I wouldnt have gased 100+ people" BS.
Here's what i'd 'ave done, pumped in something more sensible. Either this or robotics survailence to check the inside of the hall then carried out something that was atleast more sensible, quickly in and quickly out, or perhaps a precision strike team. What do you say now eh ? Or perhaps some emp/radio jamming to disable the bomb ! Hows that, how many points do i get ?[/QUOTE]Yes, just get onto Q to give you all the nice gadgets.

You cant EMP a bomb unless you know its exact specifications. Even then, the results are unknowable. It may fail safe - official weapons *should* fail safe, but with terrorists, they probably *want* the thing to blow up if tampered with.

And robotics surveilance is all very well, but robot surveilance isnt exactly stealthy at the moment. Its more used for diasaster recovery where noise dosent matter. If there are hostiles, its too conspicuous.

The russian miliatary did all right in the actual rescue. I still think they could have been more careful with the gas, and aparantley they were executing unconcious terrorists (Or so AOL said) whihc im not to happy to hear. But afterwards is where they screwed up seriously.