View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 04:34 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
I need a bit of clarification on something my mother got from one of her newsgroups...
Have the media in other countries published even approximates on how many Australian`s died in the bombing ?? If so, how many ??
Does it matter how many Australians died in the bombing, except for the home front? *Many* people died, of all nationalities. I think the only media reporting about the exact number of Australian deaths was the Australian media itself, just like the German media focusses on German deaths and the Dutch news opened with (disgustingly enough, as if they couldn't bring the news with more respect to the other victims [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] ) the news that "1 fellow Dutchie may have gotten hurt in Bali during a bombing".
[/QUOTE]According to my mother`s newsgroup, the Aussie media isn`t giving anywhere near the number of Australians who are known to have died, and apparently the foreign media has already given more exact figures than our own. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
I`m just wondering if they could possibly be serious...

[ 10-16-2002, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]