View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 07:17 AM   #48
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Quote:
I don't think he meant that using it once or twice in posts makes one low-brow, Epona. I think what he means is that when everyone uses it and the place is peppered with it, it doesn't look like we have any self-control, ie: the place looks a bit 'run down', I guess is how I'd describe it. It's not as if none of us ever USE the words in daily life, but a concentration in threads doesn't look that good to the rest of the world, theydon't KNOW that we're all pretty well educated, friendly, and downright cool as opposed to flame-baiters etc like you'd find in other places where the use of 'bad' language is the norm rather than a means of expressing a strong emotion now and then.

Anyway, from what I've seen I think it boils down to Z not wanting it used mainly because we have so many minors about, not so much because he doesn't think we use it irl or should use it at all.
EXACTLY! [img]smile.gif[/img] You said it better than I could! I don't want kids to see it and I don't want new users see it so often that THEY feel the need to use it, thinking it's okay here...

Personally, I cuss like a Sailor here at home.. you should hear me screaming at my 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2'.. I yell at the cheating cop cars ramming me off the road--even created some NEW words! 'Mother Crunching Ass master'! Donna laughed!! I'm not SERIOUSLY angery, just having fun. I DON'T talk like that around people I don't know or in public though... [img]smile.gif[/img]