View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

When my computer boots up it stops at the login screen. If anyone has unread mail messages, the number of messages unread is listed below their name. How do I turn this off? I've seen the option before, but of course, since I want to turn it off, I can't remember where...

It's not that I don't like the feature, but that leads to my second problem. It shows me with 13 unread messages, but I don't have any unread messages! I've checked in every folder in Outlook Express and there is nothing that is unread, but everytime I boot up, there's that message. This started 3 or 4 days ago for no apparent reason.

Onward to my 3rd problem [img]smile.gif[/img] . I can't switch identities in Outlook Express. When I try to log into my second ID, the screen flashes normally, but instead of coming up under the second ID, I'm back to my primary ID. If I use the wrong password, it says it's wrong, but when I use it correctly the screen simply flashes, and I'm back to my primary ID. I've even deleted the second account and tried creating a new one with a different name, but I still have the same problem. This has been going on for several weeks. I think it started after I installed service pack 1 for XP.

I'm up to date on all updates, run virus scan daily, and am not having any other problems related to Outlook.

Any help will be appreciated