View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 05:05 AM   #14
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I've played both extensively, my MW charcter is about level 65 my Divinity character is level 40ish.

I like both games, here's the pros for each:

Divinity

1/ The best journal I've seen in an RPG, Morrowind's is a mess. In my still unfinished game the journal is 400 pages 95% obsolete data, the 5% usefull data are well hidden.

2/ Challenge, after a certain level (20-30 depending on the build) MW combat becomes too easy. For my level 65 battlemage battle is more a chore than anything else, Divinity is challenging the whole way through.

3/Big dungeons, an average MW dungeon is three rooms and two corridors,... well Divinity's dungeons are immense

4/ The main quest is more appealing, more present.

5/ You do not need a 2Ghz rig to run divinity smoothly.

Morrowind
1/ Graphics. Sheer eye-candy.

2/ More open ended, bigger world to explore, more sub-quests, more stuff to do,

3/ Better balanced skill system. In Divinity there are utterly useless skills and skills you cannot live without.

Bottom line even though I shelfed Morrowind to play Divinity, I intend to come back to MW once the expansion Morrowind: Tribunal comes out, because it will allegedly fix the challenge, journal, small dungeon issues