Thread: Brown out?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
I was on-line around 3:00 last night (insomnia) and all of a sudden the lights dimmed and the clocks started blinking, doing this for several minutes. My stereo was making strange noises (it wasn't even on) and the furnace was also making odd noises, so I flipped the switch on the surge-protector and turned off the heat. I took a chance and fiddled around with the circuit breakers, gave up and got out the extra batteries. By then my 6 year old son woke up and asked if the lights were going out. Told him it would be fine and to go back to sleep and then went to bed myself. It was kind of creapy not having the sound of the heater or a/c on, and even creapier was my neighbor's dog QUIT howling! I have a pretty wild imagination and so I almost expected something to make strange sounds outside and peek in the windows. By then the lights went completely out and my son came running with his flashlight. Looked out the window and all the lights down the street were also out. It was 4:00 in the morning by then, but I called the electric company anyway. They said that most of the town was out and would be until around 6:00! I'll find out later how much of the town was affected.
I know I would shit my pants, ^&^