View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 07:30 AM   #53
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Wow, sorry to have caused all the offence folks. Guess I should've put a [img]smile.gif[/img] at the end of my post (come to think of it I'll go do that now).
Yeah, I was meaning it as an exaggeration [img]smile.gif[/img] Jeeze, mutilation is almost as bad as execution.

Thanks for clarifying, hope there's no hard feelings [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just for the record, I am a very direct, practical, down to earth sort of person. I tend to read things in a direct and literal way, so if I see a post like that I will almost certainly assume that what is written is exactly what was meant. I have a warped and very lively sense of humour, but I find it difficult to tell when someone is joking if they are doing so in a 'deadpan' fashion! (Just ask any of The Collective about the winged termites ) I appreciate that not everyone communicates in the same way, but I do sometimes miss subtleties because of my very direct nature. It's a bit of a nuisance sometimes, I'm a crap liar too!
[/QUOTE]Heh heh. Of course there are no hard feelings Epona m'dear [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's hard to pick up tone/inflection/sarcasm in written language. So I should really be taking more care to indicate when I am and when I'm not being serious in my posts.
It's all good [img]smile.gif[/img] I think we've all learned something here today kids. Just what that something is is probably markedly different from person to person but ah well. So long as we're learning.