Thread: Black Metal
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 08:55 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL, what a load of sensationalism. The facts are mostly true, but it's a bad article. Some of its flaws:
Hellhammer did keep a fragment of that bloke's skull, he may or may not have put it on a necklace. Hey, people do stranger things to remember loved ones who died - as if urns with ashes in your living room are less "morbid".
That bit about the cooking and eating of the brain is laughable, "reportedly" indeed! Come on!
It's true though that Euronymous took pictures of the body, which sickens me, personally.
About Varg killing E. because he had a more evil reputation, oh puh-leaze Groj, can't you see the sensationalist tabloidism dripping all over it? They had a fight about a girl, for heaven's sake. LOL
Yep, that Faust person did kill someone who was gay, IIRC Jon from Dissection did the same thing. That's who I targetted when talking about sick freaks.

Like I said, there have been freaks involved in that scene in the past, but they might just as well have involved themselves with another scene if it were present at the time. The murders and churchburnings have gone through the tabloid media hundreds of times, but they are years in the past (early nineties).
I met Hellhammer, he's a nice bloke, married even. The current members of Emperor are nice as well, nothing wrong with them. It's a complete gimmick, it's so obvious! Sure, if you have a genre that so heavily relies on theatrics, exaggeration and show, there's bound to be quite a few nutcases attracted to it who take the whole thing far more serious than ever intended. But most of the people I met, while usually not the jolliest or optimistic of types, were a far stretch from the baby-eating maniacs the media would have them be.

Edited to remove sig

[ 08-03-2002, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]