Thread: Operation Tips
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 12:29 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Isn't there THREE legs to our government? Just because one branch or group supports an idea does not mean that the other two will go along with it. I seriously doubt there will be much in the way of support for this program. As for being "frightened" errr there are far worse thing out there than this program....you may need to look into getting some testosterone injections? (that was a joke) Seriously lets use the right word, we are concerned about this and against the whole proposition but I hope we are men enough to not be "frightened" of an idea. Fright, fear, afraid...all words that might best be reserved for more dire issues.
I agree, there's no reason to be frightened that the slightest bit of non-patriotism can get us locked up. Or that we have to watch what books we read, or movies we watch, or games we play. They might be unpatriotic and our neighbours might report us, or even our own family.

Or wait, not "we", "you". I'm not a US citizen, you're probably not afraid of losing freedom like we europeans are, after all, your country is so great, what it does couldn't possibly be wrong since it could nuke the rest of the world to irradiated ash.
[/QUOTE] Ahhh but don't you see? I AM a US citizen, and I HAVE been around for a while and I DO have a general idea what can happen. I just choose to be a bit more informed and possibly more aware of how things work in this country than some might. Fear is best left for when you have bullets hitting the dirt all around you....most people in the western world never know what real FEAR is. ahhh well it doesn't matter. (and yes Im generalizing here)