View Single Post
Old 06-25-2002, 03:13 PM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:

Death Metal/Black metal(maybe not classified as exactly the same by everyone, but [img]tongue.gif[/img] )- Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Cradle of Filth
Oh, but there's a BIG, BIG difference. Just compare stuff like Immortal, Emperor, Darkthrone and Burzum to bands like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Suffocation and Death. World of -musical- difference between black and death... in their origins as well (even though I'll readily admit they both qualify for a description along the lines of "bloody awful damn noise" ). So [img]tongue.gif[/img] to you

Oh and I wouldn't call Rammstein strictly industrial either... they may have industrial roots but they certainly have a big influence in metal as well. But then again, I don't really believe a lot of bands *can* be accurately classified...

Rimjaw, you're right about Mutter being slightly different (though there were ballads on the previous two albums...). I think it may be possible for them to use a more melodic approach (incorporating samples of female vocals like they did before, etc.) if they want to evolve in the future.

[ 06-25-2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]