View Single Post
Old 06-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #26
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

I agree on the genre thing, I wouldn't group Rammstein with 'heavy metal' either: to me heavy metal is Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden or stuff like that. Rammstein has a lot of its roots in bands like Ooomph!
umm, please do not talk about that. just because i said heavy metal(i really dont know much about genres..), everybody indiviually tells me its not. Talthyr already said that. then RimJaw, then Hunter of Jahanna, then you.

i really dont know much of a diffirence in Death metal, heavy metal, industrial and stuff like that. there are so many similar genres.
[/URL]
[/QUOTE]Well, here's some examples for distinction.
Heavy Metal- Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Judas Priest etc.
Death Metal/Black metal(maygbe not classified as exactly the same by everyone, but [img]tongue.gif[/img] )- Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Cradle of Filth and the like.
Industrial- Some Trent Reznor, Rammstein and Gary Numan.

Anbd I'm not quite sure what you mean by similar genres, if you mean heavy metal and industrial- trust me, there's a world of difference.