View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 04:32 PM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Is this really worthwhile? I mean, as soon a people start throwing in "how do you know that you actually exist?" questions, that's when the discussion just gets ridiculous. It's normally a way for someone who is starting to feel insecure about their own beliefs, and is now clutching at straws. I'm not saying that that is what you are doing Wolfgir, because I think you're just raising it for fun.

If someone chooses to doubt their own existence, then perhaps their grip on reality is starting to fade. Or maybe they should stop sucking in the fumes! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Not really Avi. The trick is to not see it as an existantially question, but rather an excercise of your brain. To doubt and to judge quickly leads to one path, try and fnd the path hidden before you instead. Might not lead somewhere you want to go, but the path you walk on might prove in its own mysterie a worthwhile path to take if you get my drift. To ponder philosophical questions are workout for the brain. As is the discussin of books and movies. How did you like it, what do you think he meant by... etc etc.

I donīt doubt my excistense here. See it as a challenge rather and some fun ride! And bye the way, I donīt smoke! [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehe!

Donīt eat the yellow snow