View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 12:39 PM   #35
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yorick, you know how much I admire your passion in your faith. Let me just say that I don't think Oblivion was deliberately insulting. I made a post in the other thread concerning how each side perceives the comments made by the opposition. As has pointed out, passions run pretty high on both sides. We've both made comments that we felt were perfectly harmless, but others took offense at. Let's not jump to conclusions about a new member based on past actions or comments from other members.

Oblivion, as I said, I don't think you meant anything deragatory by your comments, but I do feel you made a poor choice of words. Religion in all flavors has been a hotly debated topic several times within the last several months. All the conversations got a little heated at times, but some managed to remain civil and respectful while others degenerated into a verbal mud-slinging contest with both sides making intentionally inflammatory remarks. THOSE threads were closed immediately by the Mods. Big Brother isn't watching, but you better believe that Memnoch, Sazerac, Mouse, and Ziroc ARE watching EVERY thread. So just be careful how you phrase your comments.

Well, I don't mean to be "mini-modding". I'm just asking BOTH sides to consider what your saying. Preview your Post before you Add it to see if you are really saying what you want to in the manner you want to.

BTW, Oblivion, you've got the right idea about using colors, but you're using the wrong commands. It should be typed like this...

< font color = "plum" > TEXT < /font >

And here is a website of all the official HTML colors...

HTML Color Chart