View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 10:30 PM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
Hey, just thought I'd say before anyone posts any info, that you may break the ToS in doing so...

quote:
No Piracy: DO NOT post links to 'warez sites'. Do not discuss pirating games, bragging about pirating or anything else. This will get your account suspended or banned. The only possible thing you CAN discuss is the so-called 'cracks' for no CD operation. SOME Games don't work on some peoples CD-ROM's. This is because of a special copy protection called 'Safe Disc'. But that is it. Anything else is considered pirating.
We don't want anyone getting in trouble here. You may need to resort to other methods to discuss this?[/QUOTE]This is obviously a divisive issue, and I'm not convinced whether it should be on this forum - I will let Ziroc make the call on it. Personally, I'm prepared to keep it open, since it is obviously a newsworthy event - so people can INTELLIGENTLY discuss the merits/pros/cons of the issue. We were able to INTELLIGENTLY discuss the Napster closure here a year ago.

But I don't want to see ANY links to alternative download sites posted here - that will get this thread locked. If people want to find an alternative to Audiogalaxy I'd rather they used other means to do it.

People who post here bragging about how much free music they've ripped off from these sites will probably be suspended. Only post here if you intend to debate this intelligently.

If Z decides to lock the thread due to content anyway, well that's out of my hands. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2002, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]