View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #28
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I think this is a great place to return to the thread's initial concern and worry about what will become of those men that have been captured, were they actually at fault or not (I say no), and do the UN sanctions that occurred today have anything to do with this whole ordeal.

Let's consider the topic back on track and put an end to feelings of resentment between ourselves.

To quote parts of the TOS,

Remember when debating, that you are debating the topic, not the person...Political discussion can be done in a friendly way...

No targeting of another user by harassing or giving unwarranted attention to or attacking ones...country. Also, respect each person's views and questions...

If a poster is perceived as breaking these rules, then a moderator should be asked to intervene. As one of the moderators that posted in this topic, I am aware that the Current Events Forum has been given special privelage to get more heated than the GenCon because debates are expected here. That does not mean the rules are invalid, but there is less moderator intervention in this forum than in other forums.

It is therefore important that when one of the rules of our forum appears to be broken by a poster, that we not take actions or say things that will bring us equal chastisement. Let a person hang himself without earning to swing beside him, I guess is what it comes down to.

Thanks. As thread starter of this topic, I'd hate to have to lock down my own thread in order to protect members from consequences.

Edit: I should have included this rule fragment as well...

While in a debate, or have a difference of opinion, please do not take it as an attack. We will close accounts of people that attack others, be it in a subtle way, or a deliberate loud way.

[ 03-24-2007, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote