Old 11-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #154
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Like you said - PROVE IT!
The most important uttering of "Prove It!" was when our Constitution told the government that, unlike the kings of yore, if they wanted to imprison someone, they had to PROVE IT!

I'm not saying he's innocent -- But it is against everything our country was founded upon to hold someone indefinately without a trial. He's a terrorist you say? PROVE IT! It's obvious, you say? Fine. PROVE IT!
[/QUOTE]TL, I think you missed the point of my "PROVE IT" comment. It was in response to this post by Yorick

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
He was captured on a battle field, armed, and fighting against coalition forces.
Prove it.
[/QUOTE]and MY response was to THIS:

Quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
If he's a prisoner of war, America has trampled all over the Geneva convention.
Why? Because he hasn't been released? Because he hasn't had a trial?
[/QUOTE]Because along with the other "enemy combatants" he's been tortured and given treatment it's been legally agreed P.O.W.s are not to receive.
[/QUOTE]Like you said - PROVE IT!

[/QUOTE]It was SARCASM TL.

I was TRYING to point out to Yorick, that the VERY thing that he was condemning the US for - i.e. (holding Hicks without trial and assuming his guilt) was EXACTLY what He was doing on the charges of torture (assuming that the US was guilty of torture)!

I said this before: - You can't demand justice if you aren't willing to dispense it fairly and EQUALLY. If you want to argue for someone right's then you damn well better be willing to grant those rights to EVERYONE regardless of what you think of them and whether you think they are guilty or not!

If you read back to the earliest posts of mine here and elsewhere (think BLUE), you will find that I endorsed the call for an early trial and resolution of his case. (CHECK IT OUT) My subsequent *arguments* have simply been to clarify some of the legal groundwork for arguments about his status - at least until the torture issue came up.

[ 11-28-2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote