View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 11:26 PM   #50
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Dressing like a Nazi, even if you aren't one, breaks no laws (at least here) and has nothing to do with someone walking into a store naked, which does violate decency laws. Should a customer be upset at the person who is naked then that person has emotional issues.

That is to say, the person who is upset by something is the person with the issue, not the person "causing" the upset, because that person chooses to let their emotional state to be dictated by others.
That's one heck of a controversial statement Azred! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just because I get upset from the actions of somebody else does not mean I automatically have issues... 100 years ago, the average American woman would probably have been rather upset had a naked customer walked into their shop, and in the present day I should imagine that many strict Muslim women would also be rather upset (just to pick a random current example) - I'm not quite convinced that means they have issues! Would you say that a Jewish person seeing the swastika being worn who gets upset also has issues? I'm not sure that we can link getting upset to the legality of the symbol involved...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote