View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
It doesn't matter if you cannot opt out of the install or remove them afterward. Modern hard drives have so many GB of storage that you won't miss the extra space, and even if something is on your computer doesn't mean you have to use it.
Others can still use it to get access to your PC from. Standard programs like this give security issues, even if they aren't really in theirself (not the case with IE ). But with closed source you can't delete it. You'll never will. As long as you're using windows you'll be sort of Bill Gates' puppet. You'll use your PC as he wants. Don't like it, don't use it. Same with other closed source. In linux I can watch old realplayer files in mPlayer but for the new ones I have to use realplayer. Same thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:

If you don't want it, don't use it, but don't financially punish Microsoft for being successful.
Can't agree more. No matter how they got in this position, they did it. If they'll keep that position I don't know but you at least have to acknowledge their success.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote