View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 02:27 AM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Good link Lucern, I had not seen that one.

Tanker by trade, but for the last years I have been a TWAT, as have most of my brethern. These modern missions call for *motorized* units, same ground pounding stuff as the grunts, but we don't get the cheesy badge!

In essence the author was very sure of his knowledge, but maybe slightly weary of his grasp of the language. One thing I noticed, he did not acknowledge that the LEOII, and the M1A1/2 share the same cannon, ammunition, and characteristics.

The ammo is harmless and has 0 reading while stowed. However, once it has been fired, and penetrated hard armor, something goes awry with the U92 version, hence the DU awareness.

I didn't snoop all of the links, but me tinks, this article was written during the latter part of the 90s, as his thoughts refer to the 140mm. At that time, that was the next step. However, there is *nothing* on the modern battlefield that the 120mm "shotgun" can't penetrate.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote