View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 07:44 AM   #26
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted By: LennonCook
He sent special forces to investigate, ok granted. Special forces which consisted of three quaters of the US army, with nuclear weaponary in enough quantity to kill North and South America BOTH twice, were sent to "investigate" .
Why should we not send as much power and tools as we can? It's called a war. The US has nuclear submarines at every corner of the globe and has for years, so what's your point? Its not like we used them.

Quote:
The taliban, from what I read (and I went to alot of media sources in order to read between the very very solid lines), refused to turn over Bin Laden until the US could give proof of Bin Laden's involvement in WTC bombing.
First off, we had solid proof and just because the government doesn't show it to the public (for our safety), does not mean that we didn't have a legitimate reason for making the demands that we made.

Quote:
Girls attending school, and women not having to wear burkas, had almost nothing to do with the US involvement- after again reading between the lines of many media sources, I found that those freedoms were the work of the Northern Alliance, and smaller, similar, groups.
I didn't say that was our reason for going there, i said that it was one of the POSITIVE things that resulted from the operation. And you are exactly right about the Northern Alliance doing most of the dirty work, but i guarentee that they would not have been able to do anything if it wasn't for US and allied support.

Quote:
As for more good than bad... lessee... civilians killed, buildings destroyed, cities evacuated, people needing hospitals which they cant get to... all the work of the US, and not a single Taliban/Al Quieda reported as captured or killed yet. Thus, the US is no better than what you accuse the Al Quieda of being.
I think if you were to go there and ask (privately) the citizens of Afghanistan if they are glad that we came and threw out the Taliban regime, i think their answer would be quite obvious! And what do you call all those animals that are caged up at Guantanomo Bay Cuba? And if i correctly read what you wrote, then you feel that the US is no better than the Al Quieda terrorist organization. that statement alone is DISGUSTING!!

Quote:
As for what I would have prefered- a suitable length investigation carried out in order to PROVE bin Ladens involvement, and if indeed it is proven to have been him, have an extradition and a court case "The People vs. Osama bin Laden". THEN all this would have been justified.
And if indeed it is proven?!?! IT HAS BEEN! Even der Schweindhund himself (bin Laden) admitted it on tape! He was celebrating what he had done to us. Why do you have trouble seeing how clear this all is? And bring him to court....Oookkaayy.

Quote:
And sympathising with the terrorists ?? 1) They have not yet been proven to be terrorists, 2) I am not sympathising with them, simply stating my opinions into this "war on terrorism" (which Bush has turned into a war on some people who we dont even know are the enemy), and giving the facts which back my opinions up.
They haven't been proven to be terrorists!?!? According to who, Noam Chomsky?
Come on...i can't seriously believe that you think all of this.