View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 04:00 PM   #97
Vampire

Hi everyone [img]smile.gif[/img] The last post I read was post number 3. Now that I'm back after a few hours, a raging argument is fully thrown across this topic.

Here is what I think:

Frankly I don't know if I would. I think the situation is a major factor. I mean, if you asked me to actively think about it as I am asking you to do so, then I guess no... but there might be cases where a gentle bottom smacking is in order BUT NEVER anything that will hurt! Just a playful pinch! I could never do that.
Can everyone chill and calm down?
No one is right on this issue as it is totally up to the person. Just state your case an dreason and keep out of other people's.

Oh and why did Groj smack me? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i wanna my mommy! [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img]

CHILL everyone! And have some fruit juice [img]tongue.gif[/img]

MagiK: Cultual Backgrounds are a major influence on how you teach your kids as well as what aspirations you have for your kids. If you want your kids to be well brought up, excellent manners..etc. fine. But please don't devalue what others think because you should appreciate what standards different people have.
I am saying that we all have different and varying demands on our kids and therefore depending on our own bringing up...etc. Everyone is different.

P.S. Not sure what your PM meant MagiK.. sorry! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catalina: Good point on how one would react if someone else hit their kid(s). I know I would be darn angry but if it was a very legit reason I might not go beserk [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Here is a Question:

Just how many of you have actually been smacked more than once or twice as a child here?

My thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-16-2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Avatar ]