View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 02:33 PM   #33
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Okay, I would like to disagree heavily here. It is difficult for a movie to start as deep thoughts as a book, a book also brings your own imagination into play in order to visualize what you read since the movie provides everything for your senses. A movie can also NEVER have the depth of a book since there you are exposed to both the characters thoughts, emotions and actions whereas in a movie you only see and hear what they do and experience everything from YOUR viewpoint.

I say that the written word carries ten times the power of a movie. At least to me it does, I don't know about everyone else. Some people seem incapable of truly.... Experiencing, a book. Unable to enjoy it at all, I take this as overmuch exposure to movies instead of the written word. Those people are not used to using the imagination for the purpose of visualizing the written at all.
Neb, istead of looking at it from a receiver, look at it from the communicators perspective.

If you wanted me to experience your life in Denmark, would you find it easier to write down everything about it, describing the scenery, your emotions, events in totality that affected you? Or would you prefer to actually take me and show me everything as it is, so I could see for myself, and thus share your experience?
[/QUOTE]I would do both, which is what books do. That way you'd have both my viewpoints and your own experiences to use when deciding your opinion on Denmark. And music, books and films are not made for the communicator in any way except to earn money, so I SHOULD be looking at it from the reciever's viewpoint. THEY are the one that it's supposed to affect somehow.

And what's easiest is not always what is best.