View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 10:36 PM   #23
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by gaunty:
"Warning" that wacko "gaunty" is posting.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
somebody in the tv/movie market is glorifying the violance
that is copy acted out in our schools.
somebody needs to make hollywood to get rid of the violance
glorification.
look at the rap and hip hop music propaganda "don't learn the
white man's knowledge, stay dum like the rest of the hood".
Ah, yes, blame it on someone else. Music, movies, heck, even video games. But, good lord, no. Not the children who pulled the triggers. Not their neglectful parents. Not the people in school who chastised and made fun of their future assassins just because of who they are. Not the people who provided them with access to deadly weapons.

I tell you, some of the stuff I've read about how Harris and Klebold were treated at Columbine makes me sick. Being pushed into lockers and being called a "f*ggot" all the time is really disgusting treatment - and then these same people, who exist all over the world, turn around and wonder why these "weird kids" get so pissed off at everybody. These people are quite possibly the dumbest on the planet.

Now, don't anyone misunderstand me, I am a pacifist and would never condone violence. What they did is wrong. But bullying is certainly a cause, and it must be addressed, lest the targets of bullying opt for something more deadly.