Thread: .44 or .50??
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 03:40 PM   #50
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
I want a Rugar Vaquarro in .45 Long Colt. That's what I'll purchase if ever I come into some more money.

Children and firearms can mix as long as children understand and respect a firearm. As far as a hammer or saw not being as dangerous as a firearm, dead is dead, no matter how it happened. Now if you truly want something dangerous give a 16 year old a 3000 lbs mass of steel that runs at 80 miles and hour. If you REALLY want something scary give him or her some beer to boot!
Ohhh wow, I have always wanted a Long Colt [img]smile.gif[/img] but usually they want too many $$$ for them...I also really liked the Colt Longslide in .45 (don't actually know if they made it any other calibre)

Im currently looking at the Sig series of 9mm,s but may decide to go with a .45acp instead.

I also agree with your other points. I grew up around guns form early childhood on, I was taught to respect them for what they are and use them with the same care I would use an oxy-acetelyne torch (another cool toy I had to play with when I was a kid [img]smile.gif[/img] )
My children both know what guns are, how they are to be used and how to safely handle them...they also know the first time they ever touch one without my permission..will be the last day of their life....welll their life as they know it. Of course I keep the guns locked when the kids are here...and most of the time when they aren't

Nearly every week here in DC we hear about some teen-ager in a 200HP car getting killed while driving at ridiculous speeds around the Washington beltway in the middle of the night....why a parent lets his kid out at 11pm ..in a 300HP car is beyond me.....

[ 04-26-2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]