Thread: A Genie's Wish
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2002, 06:48 AM   #1
TheThing
Banned User

On top of the Mountain-Of-Nod sat the wise Genie, who lived ages beyond the first creation of civilization. The wise Genie sat there and watched human fares with his immortal eyes and talked with stars in the sky. He can grant any mortal man's wish, if the man has the legendery ring of eternity. For only through this ring, the mortal man can understand the wise Genie's immortal words.

So, here the ring bearier stood before the wise Genie, says "Grant my wish as the legend has told."

"What does your heart desire, mortal?" Asked the wise Genie, who pierces into the distance of blue sky and white clouds and grey mists.

"I wish to take away all the pain and hurt that Valentine has suffered."

"As stated by the Law of Immortals" said the wise Genie, still pierces into the distance, "if I grant you this wish, your very exsitence will be forgotten and forbidden. Your precious Valetine will never remember that you have ever existed and loved her. Do you continue this path, mortal?"

A crystal voice resounded in the ring bearier's mind: "Each one man has but one life to live. Live your own life, Edmon."

Another femaline voice echoed in the depth of Edmon's soul, the eternal voice of dear Valentine

"...the Minster, the High priest, and ... my own father!"

"they are all bastards that deserve to die!"

"I hate you too, Edmon, you are just one of them!"

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"

"Go away, please, just ... go... until when I am better."

"why do you stay?"

"why do you stay..."

"why..."

"why..."

"why..."

"... I was eight, and there are more..."

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!"

"WHY do you love me!"

"I hate you, Edmon, I hate you!"

"I ... love you."

The crystal voice once again resounded "Live your own life, Edmon."

The ring bearier lifted his head, stared at the wise Genie and spilt out his words "No, I do not want this wish. It is not my place to undo the sins. This is not my wish. I will go find my precious Valentine, and bring her to you!"

The wise Genine lowered his proud head and looked into the mortal man's soul. Without a gesture, the wise Genie replied "Then go, Edmon. Find her, and good luck. It is my wish too."