View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 01:40 PM   #34
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
If you want my advice pay close attention to what you learn in maths. Very close attention. It may seen useless at the time cos unfortunately schools aren't very good at teaching you WHY it will be useful but trust me Maths is the single most important subject and will almost always be useful. Pay moderate attention to what you learn in physics and chemistry. Biology is just facts and long names, you'll forget them anyway. English, histroy, all forgettable and a bit pointless once you can write properly. ALso, if you learn languages pay close attention. You can pretty much forget other stuff.
I must respectfully disagree with you, Vaskez. All subjects are important for study because having a well-rounded education is far more important than being an expert in only one or two fields. True, no one can have a high degree of knowledge about every subject (unless you are fortunate enough to have an eidetic memory) but, as may be learned from several philosophies, it is the striving that is the goal and not the knowledge itself (although being able to do well at game shows is nice).

On a lighter note, it does seem as if English is a subject you forgot. Also, since English is a language should others forget it or pay close attention?
[/QUOTE]I think that education is important in itself but not all subjects are of equal importance. Of course as an engineer in training I am biassed towards maths/science subjects.
Why do you say english is a subject I forgot? I can type properly if I want, I'm just too lazy and I type fast
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray