View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 12:52 PM   #31
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Binky's right... but if it's for our own benefit, and it is there are as a help, not a restricting force on us rambunctious youths, why are teachers allowed such power over us?? And why do they keep saying we should act like grown ups, when half of the time, they are obviously wrong/mistaken, and think of us and treat us like children.... oh the strange people that are teachers (no offence to any teachers here, and I'm on about English teachers here, I wouldn't know about anywhere else), maybe all teachers in England are having a permanent mental breakdown.
Wow, if you think teachers have power over you now you should have been around 30 years ago...sheesh. As for why are children treated like children? After witnessing the apalling behavior of the kids in who attend school with my kids...Im surprised they don't allow the teachers to use their discretion in just removign some of them from society...permanently. Respect must be earned, you don't get it just because you manage to breathe. Ive found that in almost every case, if you act responsibly and in a mature manner, you will gradually earn that respect and be treated like an adult....but it takes time and work.