View Single Post
Old 03-24-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

This is the story of the Easter-bunny and the Easter-eggs origin. It also tells about how the constellation Orion, the Scorpion, Ursa Big and Ursa Small came into beeing.
I'm not sure I fully remember, so a few details might be changed, but I'll do my best:

In the Greek mythologi, it tells about the great hunter and halfgod Orion. He went around in his forest, killing every animal he saw. And once, he came to a little bird and it's nest, in the start of the Spring.
"Ohh please dont hurt my eggs!", the bird begged. But Orion just laughed, and destroyed the eggs. That made the little bird very sad. So then, the goddess of the Spring, Osteria, came to it, and asked:
"Why are you so sad, little bird?"
"It's Orion," the bird replied. "He came and destroyed all my eggs!"
"Ohh, I understand that that must be hard. Is there anything I can do?"
"Yes, there is," the bird said. "If you could make me to a animal that can run as fast as the wind, so I can escape Orion."
"That I can do." Osteria blew at the bird. Suddenly, the bird began to get large feet, and long ears. And its beak became so flat. "There you go, little friend."
"Oh, thank you thank you!". The bird, or bunny as it now was, started jumping around of joy.
So then the time went. Every time Orion came, the rabbit jumped from it.
But then, one day, two bears came to the rabbit.
"*sigh* Orion has ruined our home! You must help us killing him!", the bears said to the rabbit.
"No, I cannot help you. He is too big. But we can ask Mother Earth to help us!"
So then, the three animals begged Mother Earth about help. And help they did get. She sent a Scorpion to them. So the three animals sneak out in the night, over to Orion, and let the Scorpion kill it. And that it did. Orion died immidiatly.
But that made Orions mother very sad. So she sent him up to the sky, together with the Scorpion and the two bears.
----After a year, when the Spring came again, Osteria found the rabbit sitting there again, looking very sad.
"What is it now, little friend?", she asked.
"It's just that I miss breeding so much!"
"Oh, nothing else," Osteria replied. Again, she blew on the rabbit.
Immidiatly, the rabbit felt something beneath it.
"An egg!", the rabbit yelled out in happiness.
"Yes, an egg. You can now lay eggs once per year, at this time every year. Osteria went off, so the rabbit sat there again alone. Well, not alone, she had her egg. An egg that gave the rabbit the best feeling she had ever had.
THE END

see ya!