View Single Post
Old 03-07-2002, 05:53 PM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Wrongo Barry The UN inspectors said he doesnt have weapons in the places he allowed them to go..He did however kick them out several times untill he could clean up the fascility that was going to be visited, the UN inspectors have Lodged so many protests and have made many reports that they were unable to complete the inspections. There is a really good Non-fiction novel writen by one of the lead inspectors out...dont remember the name but it detailed how the UN inspectors were time and again put off, diverted, harrassed, intimidated and threatened...I wouldnt bet YOUR life that Saddam has no weapons dude.

Well, as far as I know that is partially correct. The *US* in spectors were not allowed in certain areas as they were caught spying in other areas. They were diverted, harrassed, intimidated, and threatened yes, but that was not what I was talking about. The *UN* weapon inspectors were allowed in pretty much everywhere except for private residences (which they are pretty sure would not contain weapons in the first place due to simple logistical problems in then getting the damn things to somewhere where you could fire them).

Basically all I know MagiK is that every UN weapon inspector I have seen giving an interview and every report I have seen (usually summarised via a newspaper as I don't have the kind of time or technical knowledge to decipher the real thing) seems to indicate that he has no power to threaten us whatsoever. He has no weapons and no way of using them if he did. We are flogging a dead horse with this one.

Talthry and Regin - Curses! The secret is out! Gotta run...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe