View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 11:47 AM   #36
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
What can I say, the fighter on our D&D team is one of many things... he reminds me alot of mikey... yes you know, THE mikey. The one from all those life cerial commercials "im not gonna try it! " "im not gonna try it!" "I know Mikey will try it!" "yeah he'll try everything!"
[/QB]
Quick Sidebar - The Mikey Life commercial HAS to be THE MOST misquoted commercial in advertising history. In the original commercial, the two brothers gave the cereal to Mikey because they thought he WOULDN'T eat it ("Yeah, he won't eat it...he hates EVERYTHING.")

Just a quibble....now onto more PnP stories...

I wasn't involved in this game, but the players came up with one of the best "game-winning" moves I ever heard of.

The party was traveling through Middle Earth (but it wasn't in M.E.R.P.S. - go figure) and they had to enter Shelob's lair.

They dispatched the orcs and other randomly encountered creatures and then met the Big Lady herself. They were a strong party, but much to their dismay, they discovered that she was surrounded by an Anti-Magic Shell. This meant that NO spells worked on her and the fighters couldn't utilize any magical effects from their weapons (a +12 Hackmaster just becomes an ordinary metal sword). The party knew they would never be able to beat Shelob with just regular weapons, but they were unable to Dispel the Shell.

Then, one of the mages had an idea and began casting.
"What are you doing?" asked the DM.
"I'm casting Rock to Mud" said the player.
"Ok, where are you directing the spell?"
"To the roof of the cavern, directly over Shelob!"

The spell "melts" the ceiling, which flows down on top of Shelob - then it hits the Anti-Magic Shell and turns back to SOLID ROCK!!! Shelob was CRUSHED!!