View Single Post
Old 02-24-2002, 06:53 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There are websites that have valuable information for you...if you do a search for them. I may be able to dig up a couple if you ask me.

As far as players 2 and 3, you don't have much to worry about, I suppose. Player 1 needs direction, and you can promise him many valuables along his way, but they have to be earned...player 4 should meet the wishes of the rest of the players and be neutral if not good. A half-orc thief would be a good neutral character, but how can an evil char. travel successfully with a good party? Not very fun, as they will be too busy fighting each other for any real fun.

You can always lay the law down and say this is how it is going to be, and if you wanna play, then this is the limits...and if the foolish ones say that they are no longer interested...they would not have been any good anyway. A true devoted player will obey the rules set and compensate if the DM will not allow something. It seems that number 1 and 4 are too narrow minded to do anything fun.

I sometimes play with a group that has a guy who wanted to be a super-hero paladin with numbers over the wall. The rest of us were always picking on him and using him for bait. He eventually wised up that if he wanted to have fun, he would not try to over-do us.

I am not an experienced player...but I have been in a few games.
My advise, therefore, should not weigh as much as other posters that post after me that know what they are talking about.

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]