View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 08:59 AM   #33
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Of course, as you mentioned in another thread, the debate about terrorism can really clog things up. The proof of that is that the decapitation of Daniel Pearl gets little more than a "that's bad, and the people who did it are bad, but..."

There is no "but" for his death. It was horrible and should not have happened for whatever reason. The "but" was for your conclusion on how to react to it, which I disagreed with.

I just tend to think that this will cause more anger, more attacks, more hatred of the West. We are not going to solve this problem by making people scared of us, it might work normally but not for religious fundamentalists. That is my view based on their actions to date. We bombed 7 kinds of crap out of the only major world government to support them and they still do this kind of stuff. they ill not get scared of us, however hard we try. They will just get more and more angry and violent.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe