View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 04:18 PM   #48
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Larry and Sazerac, and anyone else who is in this thread.....

As I have said and agreed with, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Now if I might clarify, once again, what I became upset over...

*Not* the 'offensive slang word', oddly enough. I tend to disregard such language as words are used differently in most cultures and so make allowances. (I still use the word 'queer' in the original meaning of odd or strange.)

I took umbrage at Larry's remark that insinuated (quite blatantly, I even quoted it) that people who frequented a nude or clothing optional beach were of low moral fiber and perverse in some way!!! *THAT* was what I was upset about. And that set of comments has been totally disregarded by Larry even though they were quoted back *and* pointed out as offensive.

I'm not trying to be obstructive, but I do feel such a statement to be offensive to the general populace. If his religious convictions preclude public nudity, I applaud him for standing with his convictions. But to imply that those of us who may not believe the same stringent rules as himself to be perverse and of a danger to anyone else............is wrong somehow.