View Single Post
Old 01-27-2002, 09:26 AM   #118
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
let's be honest, there is very little the US could do in the current situation that you would agree with [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always take great care to word my posts in such a way that they are not perceived as just a gainsay anti-american view point. Yes I am opposed to this war and I hold extreme left wing views, these sometimes take me into contrary positions to many Americans on this forum. I say it once more just so that everyone has heard it, I do not believe that makes me anti-american. I know what you are getting at Ronn, and there is a partial truth in it, in that I think the war should never have been started, but this opinion of mine is based on fact.

What I was saying is that if the prisoners are being treated correctly why does the UN not think they are? Lets put the burden of proof your side of the table shall we. I don't know why the UN would say such a thing if it were not true, do you? I just think we can't dismiss all of this as hot air. And yes, most of the actions of the American government I disagree with, but if I ever posted my true opinions on a wide variety of subjects I have this horrible feeling I would be completely swamped by flame filled posts or merely dismissed as a troll. So I'll just stay quite, a flame war is not something I need.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe