View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 11:21 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Here's an interesting topic. Who do people say you look like, celebrity-wise. I am not asking what you think, but what they say...that holds more ground.

Anyway, I will start. And I am completely honest about this. I do not agree with what they have told me, but regardless, here it is...

When I was 20, I was approached by a younger girl, maybe 16, at a church function. She told me that I looked like Brad Pitt, from the movie Interview with a Vampire. Having my hair done up sorta similar, I thought that this was the only reason, and I told her so, but thanked her for the compliment. She told me that it was more than the hair. It was that thing with my eyes...but she stopped there, as she began to embarrase herself, I suppose.

Later, about a year and a half later, I was in Mexico. Now, those on this forum that know any spanish , know that it is difficult to pronounce my last name, Woodruff, in Spanish. The W and O tend to make them wanna say Gu...anyway, One young lady, after failing to pronounce my name right, told me that she would instead call me Tom Cruise, as I looked like him. I laughed and said, "No, cierto..", but she she insisted that I did, and from that time forth, called me Tom Cruise everytime she saw me.

Now, into the present day. Last week, I was up in Underwriting Department, and one of the ladies said, "Oh my gosh! I just realized who you look like! The lead singer for Smashing Pumpkins!". I told her that I did not know what he looked like, as I do not have a TV, and she responded that he shaves his head, but if I shaved my head, he and I could pass as brothers.

Now, your turn!