Thread: Q on Planescape
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 05:58 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Just adding my two cents here.

I've also found INT WIS and CHA the most important stats in this game, even if you are a fighter. Lower CON and DEX does mean you'll be wounded more often but you regenerate anyway (even though it's slower than with high CON) and I usually use most of the healing charms for The Nameless One. Now, as soon as you feel comfortable playing the game, I really recommend switching to a mage. I did that in my first game and I didn't regret it at all. It will get you all the quests from the old woman who trains you, and make sure you have Dak'kon in your party as well - with the high WIS/INT/CHA combo you can have lots of interesting conversation with him, learn new spells and gain XP.

Besides, if your Charisma, Intelligence and Wisdom are really high (I always used the +2 tattoos for each) you will find you can avoid fighting more often. After a few level-ups, you can rely on Morte and Dak'kon for fighting, and become a mage yourself. And remember, you can ALWAYS switch! Once you've learnt the basics of being a mage, fighter and thief, you can:
Talk to Annah in your party when you want to switch from either Fighter or Mage to thief
Talk to Dak'kon (or Ignus) in your party if you want to switch from either Thief or Fighter to Mage
Talk to Dak'kon if you want to switch from Mage or Thief to Fighter.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Enjoy the game, all! It's one of the greatest games I ever played! (though I lent it to a friend before I could finish it... waaaah!)