Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 11:08 AM   #23
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm a Southern Baptist Born-Again Christian....I seemed to have stumbled into the wrong thread (looks around nervously) [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] .

Now for the real shocker....I'm not going give the usual "Hellfire and Brimstone" admonishment [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] I'm sure you're used to hearing.

In my circle of friends from college (my old PnP group), there is a Wiccan, a couple of agnostics (haven't decided if God exists or not), and one very determined atheist. He and I have had on-going theological debates for well over a year now.

I respect everyone's choice of religious practice, whether I agree with it or not. But I would be happy to discuss or debate any ideological differences. I give my word of honor that my comments will be courteous and considerate.

The only "religion" I have any real objection to is Satanism. I guess that's because (to quote my college roommate) "Satanism is vey similar to Christianity, except they want Satan to win." It's kinda hard to cheer for the other team, so to speak.

However, I stand by my promise. If you want to debate, I will keep all comments kind and respectful. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]