View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 04:02 AM   #37
Lifetime
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:

WHAT?!? I can't believe I missed THIS!

Well, let's think:
For the painter in me, I enjoyed the striking use of colour and the research into Heraldry I did alongside it.
For the reader in me, they connected with my own fascination with the myths of the Round Table.
For the historian in me, they were a quaint reflection of 12th C. France.
For the daredevil in me, an all-out CHARGE! across the board is not a tactic for the faint-hearted.
For the tactician in me, using a force without decent ranged support is a fair strategic challenge - I learned a lot about the necessity of manouvering in Warhammer.
For the roleplayer in me, I loved the blazons and the virtues and the myriad ways I could personalise my characters and give them names and personalities to match their abilities.
For the fantasy lover in me, I loved the pegasi and the stories of the Lady of the Lake and the fact that I could yell HA! at any characters riding dragons (we're professionals in dealing with 'em).
For the non-conformist in me, I noted a lot of people didn't think of Bretonnians as a cool army, so I went for them.
For the army themer in me, I loved creating stories behind each army - be they an Errantry War, a Duke's Retinue, a Hunting Party...
For the modeller in me, I loved the faces of some of the knight and squire models (The mounted Squires were great models!)
For the gamer in me, I liked the fact that I won a lot!

OK? Don't diss Bretonnia, unless you want 300-odd knights camping on your lawn, forming a queue to challenge you to duel for your honour!

Duel away knight-boy! We'll see how you deal with supernatural strength and phenomenal agility with godly magical powers..

But we found Bretonnians rather dull because of the lack of variety. When compared to the empire, which currently have 6-7 different kinds of core troops alone, Bretonnians made us feel pretty stifled..

Now UNDEAD for that matter..
Skeleton bitz and Vampires! Need I say more?